nasmiles Terms and Conditions
flynas thanks its customers for their interest in the naSmiles frequent flyer program ("program"). naSmiles is a customer rewards program offered by flynas (to frequent flyers), whereby flynas customers can earn and use SMILE Points ("Point Rewards") in accordance with the terms and conditions enumerated hereunder.
- The Terms and Conditions form the basis of naSmiles. It is the Member's responsibility to read and understand the following terms and conditions (hereinafter referred to as "program rules" or "rules") before opting for the Customer Reward Program in the form of naSmiles and the conditions are enumerated hereunder;
- By gaining access to, using this site or enrolling in naSmiles you agree to be bound by these program rules, along with flynas's legal terms located at www.flynas.com, including, without limitation, the website Terms and Conditions, flight Terms and Conditions and getaways Terms and Conditions.
- Flynas reserves the right to change or cancel these program rules, wholly or in part, at any time, in its sole discretion, without notice or liability to a member (frequent flyer), by posting updated text on the aforesaid site. A member needs to review these rules periodically to ensure that said member is aware of all changes and are familiar with the most current version. For clarity, any such change to or cancellation of these program rules will apply to all naSmiles members ("members"), including those who enrolled before flynas made such a change or cancellation.
- SMILE Points is the name of the currency that members will earn and then be eligible to redeem.
- Membership/Program Registration
naSmiles is a cardless customer loyalty program. Members can register to become a member online at nasmiles.flynas.com.
Members can choose to become a member in either English or Arabic languages.
Customers who wish to enroll into naSmiles must use the name details per that customer’s passport/national-ID and/or the same information of the customers www.flynas.com account.
Membership to naSmiles is for individuals only. All other entities or parties including, but not limited to, corporations, travel agencies, etc., are not eligible to enroll as members or earn SMILE Points or receive any benefits in connection with the program. Members must enroll as individuals and may not pool or combine their naSmiles with other members, unless such members form part of a Family Account. Each member may have only one naSmiles account.
If a member is less than 13 years of age, enrolment forms must be completed by a parent or guardian on behalf of the member.
- Each member must provide the basic required information and a valid individual e-mail address in order to register in naSmiles. Requests for name changes may require the member to submit supporting legal documentation. For name, date of birth, nationality or email address changes, please contact the flynas contact Centre on +966 9200 01234 (within KSA), or +966 11434 9000 for international calls. Members can also write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- While flynas issues monthly electronic statements for naSmiles accounts, each member shall be responsible for staying knowledgeable about their account information including, but not limited to, accumulated SMILE Points, redeemed SMILE Points and the program rules. Account information can be found at nasmiles.flynas.com.
- Accumulation/Earning nasmiles
- Members may earn SMILE Points in the following ways:
- Purchasing a flynas flight ticket on both economy class and business class tickets.
- Purchasing ancillary services offered by flynas namely baggage allowance, meal selection, seat selection and lounge access.
- Earing is through the following channels:
- Adding the naSmiles account number on www.flynas.com passenger details page when booking
- Adding your naSmiles account number at check-in counters in Saudi Arabia airports.
- All travel agents that book on flynas who are using GDS booking systems.
- Flynas call center on +966 9200 01234 (within KSA), or +966 11434 9000 for international calls. Members can also write to email@example.com.
- Manage my booking on flynas web or application thereof.
- Bronze, Silver and Gold members of naSmiles will earn 1 SMILE Point per Saudi Arabian Riyal on the base fare of eligible flynas flights. Bronze, Silver and Gold members of naSmiles will also earn 1 SMILE Point per Saudi Arabian Riyal on pre-booked baggage allowance, pre-booked meal and seat selection as well as lounge access at selected lounges across the flynas network. SMILE Points are not eligible to be accumulated on government taxes and or fees, surcharges, or other fees or charges.
- Platinum members of naSmiles will earn an additional 20% bonus SMILE Points (1.20 SMILE Points) per 1 Saudi Arabian Riyal spent on eligible flynas flights as well as pre-booked baggage allowance, pre-booked meal and seat selection and lounge access at selected lounges across the flynas network. SMILE Points are not eligible to be accumulated on government taxes and or fees, surcharges, or other fees or charges.
- A member of naSmiles is only eligible to accumulate SMILE Points if the booking is in the name of that naSmiles member. Multiple passengers on a booking must be individual members of naSmiles to accumulate SMILE Points for that booking.
- flynas may, in its sole discretion, from time to time, offer naSmiles members the opportunity to earn additional SMILE Points through the purchase of flynas flights and ancillary products. These offers may be temporary in nature. flynas reserves the right to modify or eliminate such offers at any time. These offers will be deemed as void wherever prohibited by law. The amount of SMILE Points offered is subject to flynas's sole discretion. All special offers involving naSmiles or the program are subject to these program rules.
- There may be some delay due to system limitations between accumulating SMILE Points on eligible products and services, and the updating of SMILE Points in a member’s naSmiles membership account. The naSmiles member is responsible for checking that their SMILE Points are up to date, and informing flynas should any discrepancies arise.
- To accumulate SMILE Points for eligible bookings, the name and flynas booking details provided in connection with the reservation or purchase must match the name and naSmiles membership account details. Without in any way limiting the generality of the foregoing, for a flight purchase, the name associated with the naSmiles account number provided for that flight purchase must match the name of the traveler and match the traveler’s official documentation such as their original Passport or Government issued identification. Any discrepancy may delay or nullify the receipt of SMILE Points.
- 3-9. To receive SMILE Points for the purchase of flynas flights, members must provide their naSmiles membership details at the time of purchase through www.flynas.com and the other channels mentioned in article 3-2; or retroactively via lodging a claim for missing SMILE Points, at nasmiles.flynas.com pursuant to the following:
- Any claim for un-credited SMILE Points must be received by naSmiles within 3 months (90 days) from a qualifying flynas flight being flown. Members are responsible for ensuring that SMILE Points earned are properly credited to their naSmiles account. If members believe that SMILE Points have been earned but not properly credited, they may be required to submit documentation or other proof satisfactory to flynas, which may include, without limitation to, copies of boarding passes and receipts.
- Claims for missing SMILE Points are not eligible for flights operated on codeshare partners, for example, a naSmiles member cannot claim SMILE Points for a flight operated by our codeshare partner Etihad Airways.
- SMILE Points will not be accumulated on unused, no show, cancelled, forfeited, refunded, or fraudulent travel bookings on purchases of flights and ancillary services, as determined by flynas in its sole discretion.
- flynas reserves the right to offer incentive bonuses to members who book travel online through www.flynas.com.
- The products and/or flights eligible for accumulating SMILE Points, and/or the amount of SMILE Points to be accumulated, are subject to change by flynas, at any time, without notice or liability.
- Tier Levels for members
naSmiles offers 4 tier levels – namely Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. The lowest default tier being Bronze level and the highest tier being Platinum. Members will automatically enroll at the Bronze tier. Once enrolled members will upgrade the next tier level be dependent on the SMILE Points earned. Awarding SMILE Points will depend on the naSmiles tier they belong to (refer to section on earning nasmiles).
- To achieve Silver tier in the nasmiles program, a member needs to earn 20,000 SMILE Points, for a member to achieve Gold the member needs to earn 40,000 SMILE Points and for a member to achieve Platinum the member needs to earn 80,000 SMILE Points.
- flynas reserves the right to add, remove or make amendments to any of the tier levels and benefits at any time, at their sole discretion without prior notice to members. These Terms and Conditions will be updated once any changes are made.
- Redemption of nasmiles during a flynas booking
Members may only redeem (spend) SMILE Points to pay for the base fare of a flynas flight and/or eligible ancillaries on subsequent bookings via www.flynas.com, no other channel is accepted for redemption bookings. SMILE Points cannot be redeemed (spent) against taxes, surcharges or any service fees.
Members cannot redeem (spend) points on flynas Charity partners.
flynas may also offer, in its sole discretion, opportunities to redeem (spend) SMILE Points for other products or services. SMILE Points cannot be redeemed (spent) for any product or service except as expressly permitted by flynas.
- Members can redeem SMILE Points only with payment in Saudi Riyal. No redemption is allowed if payment in USD or EUR is selected.
- Members must select Pay with SMILE Points check box at payment page.
- When a naSmiles member makes a redemption booking, they are required to login to their naSmiles account to complete the booking, if the naSmiles membership account name does not match any of the names on the booking, the booking cannot be completed using SMILE Points.
- Members will not be able to use promotion codes through redemption.
- For redeeming SMILE Points against flights, the member must have a minimum SMILE Points balance of 10,000 SMILE Points. The number of SMILE Points required for a particular flight is based on the published base fare at the time of booking, which depends on, among other things, the flight selection and applicability of peak travel periods. The number of SMILE Points required for a particular flight may change at any time until the booking is confirmed and the applicable SMILE Points are applied as payment for the redeemed flight or ancillary services. The minimum required SMILE Points amount for a one way flight is 5,000, and minimum required SMILE Points amount for a roundtrip is 10,000.
Taxes and fees that apply to redeemed flights, are the responsibility of the passenger and will vary based on departure and destination cities. Taxes and fees must be paid in Saudi Arabian Riyal at the time of redeemed flight booking by a valid credit card and are subject to change as required by law. Taxes, fees, government surcharges are not able to paid for using SMILE Points, SADAD Payment method is also not available for bookings where SMILE Points are used as full or part payment. Any change to a booking may result in a change to the number of SMILE Points required and flynas's standard change fee/policy will apply. Any change to a flight booking made using SMILE Points is subject to the flynas standard change fees and policies.
A naSmiles member may not redeem (spend) their SMILE Points for other passengers, regardless if the passengers are travelling on the same travel itinerary or PNR.
SMILE Points may be redeemed (spent) for award travel online via www.flynas.com only. In order to redeem (spend) for flights or ancillary services online, members must sign in to their naSmiles account so that the number of SMILE Points in the account can be validated and redeemed (spent) at the time of confirming a booking.
Flights purchased with a monetary payment may not be exchanged or refunded for payment with SMILE Points, in whole or in part.
flynas reserves the right to revise, amend, modify or discontinue the products or services for which members may use SMILE Points, in whole or in part, and/or the amount of SMILE Points required to redeem any product or service including, but not limited to, redeemed flights, in connection with the program.
flynas's flight Terms and Conditions including, change policies and fees only apply to award flights and ancillary awards, respectively. In where, members are not able to cancel their redemption booking.
Any amendments to bookings, excluding cancellations the member can perform through Manage my Booking by visiting www.flynas.com, any changes in cost can be paid for by Credit Card or Credit Shell in SAR only OR SMILE Points provided available balance covers the required amount in SAR currency.
Any changes to bookings that were originally paid for using SMILE Points is possible for the top up and addition of new products as ordering meals, seat selection, extra baggage and flight fare by additional SMILE Points if the balance is enough for the required amount in SAR and the minimum redemption threshold is met.
Ancillaries bought within a booking which is paid by SMILE Points cannot be changed to an ancillary product at a lower price.
For existing bookings that were paid by using SMILE Points, the member can top up ancillaries by SMILE points without the need to change the flight booking.
Members cannot cancel ancillary product purchases paid by SMILE Points in a booking done with SMILE Points.
Air travel on flynas (including award flights) is governed by flynas's Terms and Conditions, a copy of which is available for inspection at www.flynas.com/en/terms-conditions, Please review these documents for travel requirements and restrictions, liability and baggage limitations and requirements for the travel of minor children
Redemption bookings can only be made via www.flynas.com, future enhancements will be made so members can redeem their SMILE Points through any mobile applications owned by flynas and members will be advised when this functionality is enabled.
SMILE Points cannot be redeemed (spent) at any of the airports that flynas operates from, all transactions requiring the use of SMILE Points can only be made via www.flynas.com.
Members cannot redeem their naSmiles for charity payments via www.flynas.com.
Members that want to use a credit shell as part of their payment method when making a redemption may do so as long as they are logged in to www.flynas.com so the credit shell can be applied.
Redemption bookings can only be made via www.flynas.com, bookings requested via the contact centre using SMILE Points will not be processed.
- nasmiles Expiration
SMILE Points earned will expire at the end of 24 months. Should a member close his or her naSmiles account, the SMILE Points in that account will be forfeited. As set forth in these program rules, flynas has the right to cancel all or some of the SMILE Points in a member's account should flynas determine, in its sole discretion, that the member has violated these rules or otherwise engaged in fraud, misrepresentation, abuse or other improper conduct.
A member account of naSmiles that is inactive for 15 months will be classified as Inactive and any SMILE Points in such account will be forfeited.
SMILE Points that are due to expire are done so on a first in first out calculation, members of naSmiles will be communicated 8 weeks prior to their SMILE Points expiring to allow an opportunity for the member to redeem (spend) the SMILE Points.
- Changes to program rules
flynas may, among other things, in its sole discretion, for any reason, and without notice or liability to the naSmiles member;
withdraw, limit, modify, or cancel SMILE Points or award travel and/or award ancillaries;
suspend or cancel any member's naSmiles account (and/or seize any SMILE Points associated with such account) if that member has violated these program rules,;
change, modify, delete (in whole or in part), supplement and/or cancel any program rules, regulations, benefits, or policies in connection with the program including, but not limited to, SMILE Points balances, redemption requirements, participant affiliations, conditions of participation, rules for earning, redeeming, retaining or forfeiting SMILE Points, rules for the use of SMILE Points, awards or benefits in connection with the program, mile expiration rules, etc.;
Introduce, add, change, modify, delete (in whole or in part) or supplement award travel restrictions including, but not limited to, blackout dates, capacity controls, and limitations on the number of seats available for award travel, and/or otherwise restrict the continued availability of SMILE Points or award travel or special offers; or
Terminate the program without notice, however an update shall appear on the flynas website. flynas may make any one or more of these changes, even though such changes may affect the member's ability to use their SMILE Points that the member has already accumulated.
- Responsibility and limitation of liability
flynas shall not be held liable for, and members hereby waive any claims against flynas for, any damages whatsoever (whether direct, indirect, special, punitive, exemplary incidental, consequential or otherwise, whether stated in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, and even if flynas has been advised of the possibility of such damages) arising out of;
- participation in the program (including, but not limited to, the accrual or use of nasmiles or any travel or travel-related activities in connection with the program);
- acts, omissions, products or services of any person or company rendering services or providing offers in connection with the program; and/or
- any failure or delay arising out of use of this website including, without limitation, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in transmission or computer virus
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if flynas improperly denies a member SMILE Points, award travel or some other benefit, the member's exclusive remedy shall be the issuance of the improperly denied SMILE Points, award travel or such other alternative benefit as determined by flynas, in its sole discretion, and flynas shall have no additional liability whatsoever.
In no event shall flynas be liable to any member or anyone claiming through a member or on a member's behalf, for any other damages including, but not limited to, direct, indirect or consequential damages or lost revenue or profits, arising out of flynas's acts or omissions in connection with the program, whether or not foreseen, even if advised of the possibility thereof.
flynas shall not be liable for damages for any delay or default in performing hereunder, if such delay or default is caused by conditions beyond its control including, but not limited to, weather conditions, acts of God, force majeure, strikes, civil commotions, embargoes and wars or other hostilities, whether actual, threatened or reported and/or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of flynas.
- Disclaimer of warranty
flynas makes no warranty of any kind regarding the program. The program is provided "as it is" and without any warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. FLYNAS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- Miscellaneous provisions
- Apart from transfers between family accounts, SMILE Points are non-transferable and may not be combined with naSmiles members, their estates, successors and assigns. Accrued SMILE Points and redeemed SMILE Points do not constitute as property of the member and are non-transferable (i) upon death, (ii) as part of a domestic relations matter or (iii) otherwise.
- SMILE Points and award travel have no cash value and may not be redeemed for cash.
- Unless expressly authorized by flynas, SMILE Points or award travel may not be sold, bartered or otherwise exchanged for value. Any SMILE POINTS or award travel that are/is purchased, sold, bartered or otherwise exchanged for value are/is void. Violators (including any member who uses a purchased or bartered award) may be liable for damages and litigation costs, including the actual cost of travel and/or flynas's attorneys' fees incurred in enforcing this rule.
- Award travel, accumulated Smile Points and special offers are subject to applicable government regulations and are void where prohibited by law.
- Fraud, misrepresentation, abuse, improper conduct, as determined by flynas in its sole discretion, or violation of applicable rules (including, but not limited to, flynas's Terms and Conditions, tariffs and program rules) may result in administrative and/or legal action by appropriate governmental authorities and/or flynas. Such action may include, without limitation, the forfeiture of all SMILE Points and/or award travel, forfeiture of any accumulated SMILE Points in a member's naSmiles account, deduction of naSmiles, as well as cancellation of the account and proscription of the member's future participation in naSmiles. In addition, flynas reserves the right to take appropriate legal action to recover damages, including attorneys' fees, incurred in prosecuting any lawsuit. Any violation of such applicable rules as described above includes, but is not limited to, members who are disruptive or otherwise threaten or endanger the safety and security of flynas crew members or other flynas customers as described in the flynas Terms and Conditions and tariffs.
- flynas reserves the right to audit, at any time and without notice to naSmiles members, any and all naSmiles accounts to ensure compliance with these program rules. If the audit reveals discrepancies or possible violations of these program rules or flynas believes that such audit will reveal discrepancies or possible violations of these program rules, flynas may delay or cancel the processing of travel award redemption requests, and/or cancel any outstanding award travel, delay the posting of accumulated SMILE Points and/or withhold statements until the audit is completed.
- Members are responsible for referring their online naSmiles account information and these program rules in order to understand their rights, responsibilities and status under the naSmiles program. A copy of the most current program rules may be inspected on the naSmiles website at nasmiles.flynas.com. flynas shall attempt to advise active members of various matters of interest through its website, but flynas shall have no liability for any failure to do so. flynas shall have no liability for correspondence, mail or e-mail, which is lost, delayed or misdirected. Members are responsible for maintaining a current email address, and updating their details on the naSmiles website or through the contact centre.
- flynas assumes no responsibility for the actions of business partners in connection with any program that provides for the transfer or accumulation of SMILE Points.
- All naSmiles rules are subject to interpretation by flynas. Headings used in these program rules are for convenience purposes only and shall not be used in interpreting the program rules.
- in connection with naSmiles or these program rules shall be governed by Kingdom of Saudi Arabia law, exclusive of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia choice of law rules, and the member agrees to the jurisdiction of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia courts to resolve any dispute in connection with nasmiles or these program rules.
- Income tax liability on SMILE Points, if any, is the responsibility of the member.